A number of businesses are moving their websites to a content management system (CMS) to increase their online potential and to benefit from the numerous features to be had from a CMS.
What is a content management system?
A content management system (CMS) is a tool that helps you to manage the content of your website. A CMS allows people to add, edit and publish content whilst maintaining the look and feel of the site. No specific skills are required to do this.
Why would your company require a CMS?
A CMS can be a valuable acquisition to a company. Everyone uses some form of content management systems:
- Blogging: Tumblr for example is a micro blog.
- Building websites.
- Online marketing.
- Selling products online: Ebay for example sells their products online.
- Even your Facebook page is technically a CMS.
Product descriptions, services, tutorials and how to guides are small samples of the content that can be managed with a CMS. Imagine being able to update a product, how to guides, media and web content based on customer feedback.
An effective CMS allows your company to operate online with ease and can be an important acquisition for any company that runs their marketing and business processes on the web.
The following is a list of key benefits that you can obtain from a content management system:
- Administration: Easy to use administration that helps you to manage the content of your website when it suits you.
- Content: Edit, maintain and extend content when you need to. A CMS allows you to get content changes live on your website quickly.
- Cost Efficiency: A CMS can lower your costs to update your website. The ability to change content yourself saves the cost of going through an agency to make changes each and every time your website needs tweaking.
- E-commerce: support your e-commerce activities by combining a CMS system with an e-commerce store allowing you to create keyword rich, SEO friendly product content and reviews to support your online marketing and enhance sales.
- Integration: With a CMS, you can publish the same content with different themes, which can be tailored for desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Marketing: Run marketing campaigns and create landing pages for your site. A CMS provides you with the ability to quickly react to changes in the market place.
- Publishing workflow: The option to publish your content instantly. You can also prepare content to publish for a specific date, e.g. new offers, sales, marketing campaigns and PR.
If you think your company could benefit from having a Content Management System or if you would like help with improving your web and mobile presence, our skilled team can help! Contact us here and complete our short contact form.